AS0100 - Steve - Meyers Manx

See what the members of the Forum Drive

Moderator: manxiberty

dbryar
MCA Treasurer
MCA Treasurer

Re: AS0100 - Steve - Meyers Manx

Postby dbryar » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 am

Glad you didn't sell it mate. Good to hear you are back in the knuckle skin deposit business.
finchy
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby finchy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:37 pm

So how's the progress of new engine Jacko
jacko
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby jacko » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:00 pm

New motor is sweet as, ended up building a 1641 with all new pistons, barrels, heads etc, I am just trying to finish off a few niggly problems with the pedals and cables, then it will be on carsales! I still drive it everday though!!

I have just been going over the whole car and have replaced lots of little things, axle seals, vdo temp sender, handbrake, throttle cables etc etc etc. I am about the get the side curtains re upholstered as well. Once finished it will be one of the nicest completely original spec Manx's in the country, and signed by Bruce as well.

I am however over the car at the moment as I seem to always be working on it, and the kids are also starting to outgrow the "back seat".

I really want a Manxter and will be selling the Manx to finance a build in the near future, just waiting and watching Brad's progress, and looking for a donor vehicle at the moment!!

If I still have the car in October, I will be swinging by Fraser for a couple of days camping on the beach and hope to catch up with the other club cars.

Until then I am just keeping quiet and trying to get the car looking shmicko.

Jacko
Brad
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Brad » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi Jacko,

What are the issue with cables ?
Brad
Meyers Manx Australia
www.meyersmanx.com.au
dbryar
MCA Treasurer
MCA Treasurer

Postby dbryar » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:31 pm

jacko wrote:I really want a Manxter and will be selling the Manx to finance a build in the near future, just waiting and watching Brad's progress, and looking for a donor vehicle at the moment!!

Old Buggy Heads never die... they just get kids.
jacko
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby jacko » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Hey Brad

Not sure what the problem is with the cables, I need to pull the pedal cluster out and give it a good clean etc for a start. But the throtle cable is a bit "sticky" which sometimes causes the cable to not recoil/return quick enough, making the engine rev too loud etc (have a new cable to replace), and the clutch pedal/cable seems to grab or catch on something as well (not sure if there is a problem with the tube in the tunnel being broken etc?!). The pedals also seem to sit too far forward and need to be adjusted properly.

This is the first buggy I have owned that does not have an inspection hole of some description, so will have pull everything out for a good look, or alternatively cut a big hole in the tunnel which I would like to avoid.

Apart from the cables, the entire car has been rebuilt or reconditioned over the last 5 years, new pans, front beam, engine, trans, clutch, brakes, and every nut and bolt replaced with stainless or high tensile etc.

I absolutely love my Manx (3rd buggy), but want the room and reliability of a Manxter! I am following your build of Sunshine with extreme interest and look forward to seeing it completed in the near future. I wish you all the success Brad, your passion for these crazy cars is contageous and your willingness to share your knowledge is appreciated.

Jacko
AS100
jacko
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby jacko » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Hey Dan

How can you ever outgrow one of these things, so much fun, completely original and artistic in its design, and everyone loves them!

Fantastic to hear that your buggies have arrived from FIJI, hopefully you will get some time to enjoy the grey or blue one before you too might be looking for a back seat and space for nappies/bottles etc, happens to us all eventually my friend!!

Look forward to seeing you in a buggy on the sand soon.

Jacko
Lovebuggy
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Lovebuggy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Hey Jacko,

Check for sand in your accellerator tube. I had a similar issue and blew the tube out with some compressed air - which fixed it.

Would also be worth getting an inspection hole kit and cover (like Brad did on sunshine). Will take you about 30-60 minutes to cut the hole and /weld new reinforced 3mm plate?
Are you a financial member of the club??

Go to "http://www.manxclub.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1667" and sign up today.
Brad
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Brad » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Hey Jacko,

If your cables stick I usually fill the degreaser gun with kero and pup it down after removing the cable. It is amazing what 120 PSI kero will do. :)

Sunshine will be done soon enough :)
Brad

Meyers Manx Australia

www.meyersmanx.com.au
jacko
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby jacko » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:00 am

Thanks Ben and Brad for the suggestions

I will start by pulling it all apart, and as you say degrease and clean out all the pipes etc, i reckon its just some sand that is gunked up.

I want to avoid an inspection hole at this stage, and will let you know how I fix the problem.

Cheers

Jacko
jacko
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Re: AS0100 - Steve - Meyers Manx FOR SALE!!

Postby jacko » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Manx is up for sale.

Currently in with Custom getting checked over for a safety certificate.

It is currently on non transferable club registration, but will come with a QLD safety certificate and all the registration history from Queensland Transport as well. The car has not been unregistered in 20 years!

Was given and almost complete rebuild in 2007, including new pans, front beam, gearbox rebuild etc etc. I have owned the care since 2008, and as per the previous posts, the motor was completely rebuilt 18 months ago. It is a 1641, which has been balanced and was built by a well known VW guy out at Jindalee.

It is registered as a Myers Manx, and is complaint for 4 seats. I have 2 small harnesses in the rear of the car for the kids.

It is a 1967 Pan, King and Link Pin front end and swing axle rear, with 4 wheel drum brakes all round. I have put the original wide fives rims on the car, as well as the low back seats etc, as I want the car to remain original as possible. It has all the original Manx badges, and Bruce Myers signed the dash for me at buggyfest 2008 in Brisbane as well.

It has a great softop with new side curtains, and a detachable face CD to keep the missus and kids happy.

I am putting an initial ad here on the forum for anyone that is interested, however it will be advertised elsewhere soon if no one contacts me.

I think the car is worth $25k given how original and well maintained it is, and that is what I want for it. I am in no hurry to sell, and do not need any critisim about the price, you dont have to buy it.

Contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Regards

Jacko

Return to “Manx Club Forum Buggies and Bajas”