Pauls Manx Mission

If you are building a buggy or Baja then please post in here and share your experinces with us

Moderator: manxiberty

Huffypilot
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Pauls Manx Mission

Postby Huffypilot » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:06 am

I really dig reading about the projects and ideas everyones got going on so I thought Id better get off my butt and post something here myself now I have a buggy of my own. After spotting 0BU991 here on the forum I was hooked.The girls had the build spot on and I hope my buggy turns out half as awesome.
The plan is to rebuild with a injected 1915 Pobjoy ready for the cape. I like the idea of mixing old school and new.We'll have to see what funds will allow..

Home at last

New gauges going in
dbryar
MCA Treasurer
MCA Treasurer

Re: Pauls Manx Mission

Postby dbryar » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:49 am

Looks like you've got your work cut out for the next few months then. Be sure to keep us all updated
Brad
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Brad » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:05 am

You have a solid base to work from, looking forward to seeing the old girl come back to life
Brad
Meyers Manx Australia
www.meyersmanx.com.au
Brad
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Brad » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:19 am

Everyone likes a bit of History so here is some on your Buggy.

It was rebuilt by a guy names Chris up this way back in 2000 - 2002 and was sold to Jon in dec 2002. Jon then had it until he sold it to you and it has been all over the country side since.

Here are the pictures of when it was for sale back in 2002 (ie how Jon bought it)

Brad

Meyers Manx Australia

www.meyersmanx.com.au
Huffypilot
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Huffypilot » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks for the pics Brad, they explain most of the odd brackets and bits welded onto the cage.I actually have one of those # plates in a box of bits that came with her. Can you tell me what the name of the body colour is. It seems to be a lot more yellow than my friends orange manx.

Dbryar
I do have alot of work ahead its a pretty ambitious plan and all dependant on $.The biggest job will be convincing my wife we need to move to a new garage with a larger house. lol.. Its a tight squeeze in the man cave atm. Are your tropical buggies any closer ?
Cheers Guys
dbryar
MCA Treasurer
MCA Treasurer

Postby dbryar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:03 am

Huffypilot wrote:Are your tropical buggies any closer ?
Cheers Guys

Well my mate (in Fiji) has been told by his missus that "those cars under the house need to go" so hopefully that will get him motivated enough to get them packed in to a container.

Point is, I have everything ready to receive, just need some action over there and unfortunately I'm dealing with 'Fiji Time' on that.

Perhaps it's timer for another trip to Fiji...

Return to “Buggy & Baja Building”