n00b - J&S LWB street rego'd class 5 offroad racecar

If you are building a buggy or Baja then please post in here and share your experinces with us

Moderator: manxiberty

rivmasta

n00b - J&S LWB street rego'd class 5 offroad racecar

Postby rivmasta » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 am

Hi guys, intro time:

I bought a body ages ago from someone (cant remember who) off the buggy and baja adventures forum. I pulled it out of the shed a month or so ago and got the blood running again.

Body: SWB J&S - current condition is poor. Its horrid orange and baby poo yellow/brown. It has lots of holes drilled through it for a 6 point cage - i think it was probably used for motorkhanas or something. The plan is to pull it out to LWB and try to make it still look good. I'll cut the sides out where you step into the car and drop 4" at the front, 2" at the back and try to blend it in. I'll also cut the centre out of the bonnet and lower it to try to take the massive bulge out. Lots of work!

Pan: 71 ball joint/swinger pov pack. condition is pretty good. Zero rust, freshened up gearbox mounts boots etc. Disk brake front end, T3 rear hubs, 4 stud all round. It just needs brakes plumbed in. It'll get converted to IRS after rego.

Engine: looking for a 1300 for rego. I'll drop in a 1600TP or similar later. I'll drop in a kombi 1800with albins internals, 930 CVs, and the IRS at that point too.

Overall plan - building it for dual purpose, cruiser on most weekends, but looking to put in a CAMS approved cage - or 'accessories and windowscreens supporting mounts" (class 5 so not too drastic) - and get it logbooked as an offroad racecar as well to play with on club race weekends. I'll get some pics up soon.

My history: Offroad buggy racer. current car I built with a mate. Its running a weddle/albins trans and a 350Z motor. A-arm front fox externals all round and 20" of travel in each corner. buildup page (not updated for AGES! haha) for it is http://sorra.offroadracing.com.au/build_Wolf.htm
BlueV2
Buggy Addict

Re: n00b - J&S LWB street rego'd class 5 offroad racecar

Postby BlueV2 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Hey Rivmasta,

Nice to see you are around again. Hope the buggy build goes well and we see it at Stockton some time soon :)
Sharpbuilt - V2 -http://www.sharpbuilt.com.au
  • Engine - EJ25
  • Gearbox - 5 Speed Subaru - http://www.subarugears.com
  • 4 wheel discs
  • Heated and Air conditioned
  • Cruise Control
  • Rack & Pinion Steering
rivmasta

Re: n00b - J&S LWB street rego'd class 5 offroad racecar

Postby rivmasta » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:51 am

Cheers Blue, its nice to have the time to be getting back into it. :) Im sick of life getting in the way of my obsessions!

Return to “Buggy & Baja Building”