Ej

If it makes power or helps it get to the wheels this is where it is at

Moderator: manxiberty

shane2610
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Ej

Postby shane2610 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi my ej sometimes idle high and then it slowly comes down to idle ?. Can any body help cheers shane .
mackaymanx

Re: Ej

Postby mackaymanx » Wed May 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Try cleaning the idle valve with some carby cleaner. Also check for a stiff accelerator cable.
shane2610
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby shane2610 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Yea mate tried that but still does it ! But it ony does some times not all the time,cheers Shane.
manxiberty
Manx Club Prez
Manx Club Prez

Postby manxiberty » Thu May 29, 2014 5:55 am

idle control valve works with two butterflies - one is much like a thermostat in that it uses coolant temp to moderate where it is sitting then the other butterfly or slide uses a coil controlled by the ecu.....they get gummed up with oil vapour from the emmisions/breather lines coming off the tappit covers and crankcase.....yeah make sure you clean this well if not replace the whole unit ...

next would be to replace the temp sensor on the coolant manifold tube under the intake manifold ...it has an plug on it not a spade terminal ...this reports back to the ecu and can do funky things with idle..... my datascan tool shows what this is so its easy to diagnose a faulty one....i had one on my ej25 bus that read something like minus 10 ....and as a result gave me a 3k idle speed :shock: replaced this and all was good.....

but check simple things first like throttle cable....mine is starting to stick just off idle if i dont drive the buggy for a little while....must need to get it out more :lol:
if in doubt hit it with speed.... just don't hit the cactus!

Steelart.com.au
shane2610
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby shane2610 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Thanks Paul that fixed it cheers shane.

Return to “Engine and Driveline”