Engine number

If it makes power or helps it get to the wheels this is where it is at

Moderator: manxiberty

shane2610
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Engine number

Postby shane2610 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi guys and girls , :?: where dose every body stamp there engine number on there ej where it can easy seen ??.
bajabone
Manx Jnr

Re: Engine number

Postby bajabone » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:44 pm

shane2610 wrote:Hi guys and girls , :?: where dose every body stamp there engine number on there ej where it can easy seen ??.
I could be wrong but I haven't heard of anyone doing this as anyone of authority wouldn't trust it anyway and would want to see the original! I certainly haven't, just the original.
manxiberty
Manx Club Prez
Manx Club Prez

Postby manxiberty » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:19 am

i stamped mine on my left hand side head as there is a machined section that pokes out from the sealing surface of the lifter/tappet covers... perfect.... yes i understand the heads can be unbolted and swapped with other motors but i did it to make their life easier and the girl who sighted it didnt question it......matches the engine number anyway so if they didnt except it then i welcome them to get their head into see the same number behind everything.....i took a digital camera with me incase they wanted to use that to sight the original but they were happy with the head stamp :wink: and with the chassis number the girl looked at me who was in a mini skirt at the time and said you can read it out to me im not climbing in there!!
when i regoed my bus years ago the guy at zillmere came out in a nice clean office type shirt and me in my navy work clothes and said do you know where the numbers are on this and i said yep under there behind the front wheel.....he said read it out to me would ya :lol:
if in doubt hit it with speed.... just don't hit the cactus!

Steelart.com.au
shane2610
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby shane2610 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:03 am

Thanks Paul I will do that, see you Monday arvo I need some pivot boxes again .

Return to “Engine and Driveline”