Wheels & tyre options for s treet buggy

Building a Buggy or Baja? Here is the place to ask questions
Davesbuggy

Wheels & tyre options for s treet buggy

Postby Davesbuggy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi, I am building a Manxter 2+2 & am a bit stuck on what wheel & tyre combination to choose for a street spec buggy. I am told that 15" rims are the best option, however as I would like to run lower profile tyres I am concerned that I will have an inacurate speedo due to smaller overall rolling circumference. Does anyone have advice on this please? I am also finding it restrictive to choose from only 4 x 130 pcd rims. Is it legal/practical to use adaptors to change the stud pattern to something with more options such as 5 x 205?
Vduboy
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Re: Wheels & tyre options for s treet buggy

Postby Vduboy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:11 am

Adapters are illegal, I too struggled to find wheels in 4x130, if I did it again I would get new discs/drums in a common pattern like ford Holden or Toyota. You can buy all sorts of electronic speedos that can be adjusted for different tyre sizes so no issues there.
It will all be ok in the end.. if is not ok its not the end!
Davesbuggy

Postby Davesbuggy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:26 am

Thanks for the feedback Vduboy. Do you have any recommendations re where to source new discs/drums? I have one quote which was quite expensive but that is a relative term I know.
Vduboy
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Vduboy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:46 am

I know John Sherman does all the blanks and can drill and tap them for you, Todd from Subarugears can supply rears in whatever stud pattern you want with his Subabrakes, apart from that not sure bud.
It will all be ok in the end.. if is not ok its not the end!

Return to “Buggy and Baja Building”