subaru inlet manifold mod....

After years of working with others Paul has stepped out of the shadows and is showing what he has to offer in the Buggy Building and general Automotive Fabrication Arena. Located in South East QLD, Paul ships Australia and Worldwide with no job to big or small.

Moderator: manxiberty

manxiberty
Manx Club Prez
Manx Club Prez

subaru inlet manifold mod....

Postby manxiberty » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:41 pm

not long now before this is being freighted down to BlueV2 for install into his sandshark......

moving the air intake/ throttle body makes everything else so much easier not to mention allows the motor to move further forwards if needs be to keep the leverage effect at bay with bigger heavier motors......thought it would be an awesome idea to machine a 4 bolt flange so in theory we can rotate the throttle into 4 different positions depending on application.....

just have to trim aluminium bend to length and make up another flange for the throttle :D
if in doubt hit it with speed.... just don't hit the cactus!

Steelart.com.au
manxiberty
Manx Club Prez
Manx Club Prez

Re: subaru inlet manifold mod....

Postby manxiberty » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 pm

got a bit further advanced with this intake and made up a flange to suit the throttle body......with that in place i set about blanking off the original intake and incorporate a coil mount to try and retain stock spark plug leads.....

also put in additional tapped holes to make mounting an accellerator cable linkage a bit easier especially with the bead of weld at the top of the flange....

this makes it all nice and neat

i like this....too neat to send back i reckon....might keep it for my next build :lol: hey mark?

Steelart.com.au
manxiberty
Manx Club Prez
Manx Club Prez

Re: subaru inlet manifold mod....

Postby manxiberty » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:51 pm

so now to make a sleeve to let all the emmision tubes/crank case breather lines back into the air intake. best done between air flow meter and throttle so a bit more tig'n :roll: :wink:

from this
to this

Steelart.com.au

Return to “SteelArt Creations - Buggy Build SE QLD”