AGM 9am Sunday 8 February

2015 Manx Club Events - AGM, Mt Glorious, Morten Island, Dubs at the Abbey, GC VW Show
Maxx
MCA Treasurer
MCA Treasurer

AGM 9am Sunday 8 February

Postby Maxx » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:51 pm

Manx Dune Buggy Club Australia AGM for 2014 year
will be held 9am, Sunday 8 February 2015
at Steel Art Workshop, 132 South Pine Rd, Brendale 4500

Agenda
1. Opening
2. Attendance
3. Confirmation of minutes of previous AGM & any business arising from the minutes
4. Reports
a. President
b. Treasurer/Membership
c. Events
d. Merchandise
5. General Business
6. Election of Committee Members
7. Closing

Note the early start at 9am - trying to avoid the heat of the day in Paul's shed.
Likely the club will put on BBQ and drinks following the meeting - more details soon.
If there are any specific items members would like to see discussed in General Business, please let me know (on this thread is fine) so others members can come ready to discuss.

Max (Secretary)
Treasurer / Membership Officer
manxiberty
Manx Club Prez
Manx Club Prez

Re: AGM 9am Sunday 8 February

Postby manxiberty » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 am

one topic that comes to mind is the straddy vehicle topic.

rather then just bring up the problem at the agm i would like everyone to have a think about what we can do about it whether its actually set in stone or just a façade created to deter people with no actual legal substance by disgruntled office people.

keeping in mind straddy is now managed by a private company who says they adhere to QNPWS however from what i here theres no mention of 2wd Awd and 4wd anywhere.....in there documentation

read up on any literature, make some enquiries otherwise we will still be discussing the problem in 2016 2017 2018 etc

due to the AWD ban as well i think there may already be other groups / clubs starting a fight against the pretty picture released on facebook....it may pay to touch base with guys in these clubs and ask what they have unearthed
if in doubt hit it with speed.... just don't hit the cactus!

Steelart.com.au
OzTowdster
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby OzTowdster » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Please keep in mind that the above Straddie issue is VERY VERY sensitive at present so please don't just get on your soap box and ring up anyone or give anybody a spray or this could turn a hole lot worse , IE we get banned of ALL beaches , please use your heads people .

Another topic that has been given QUITE A FAIR BIT OF LEEWAY over the last couple of years is CLUB REGISTRATION , yes it will be on the agenda , so lets tidy it up folks , IE if your cars on club rego and the nominated club is The Manx Club , and your NOT financial , best you address the problem before the club does
Working at getting my Towdster and the Baja Bus back on the road !!!
dbryar
MCA Treasurer
MCA Treasurer

Postby dbryar » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:16 pm

Just a quick FYI on memberships. I've organised the mail out for this week so all current members (47) will be getting a letter in the post with current registration details next week, or Friday if you are lucky.

Dan.

And yes, I've been off the forum since last year's AGM so i haven't read about much at all.
PUD
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby PUD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:29 am

Maxx wrote:If there are any specific items members would like to see discussed in General Business, please let me know (on this thread is fine) so others members can come ready to discuss.

Max (Secretary)

Maybe a topic for discussion if there is anything that could be done to encourage people to provide input into the forum, if other members are anything like me, I love to read/ learn/ admire the goings-on about the place & would suspect the forum plays a fair role in the club. One thing I've noticed from viewing here from afar is that if people do post up pics, stories etc & there's no comments or seemingly no interest from others, it's quite easy to think "why bother" & that puts an end to it. Don't know how, but any way to somehow promote to keep the dialogue going? Maybe try an official commentator to attempt to keep the conversation going??....Just a thought :)
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:54 am

Just a question regarding membership; I've been a member pretty much consistently for the past few years, however don't have the "Manx Club Member" tag on my profile - that's not a big deal, however I've noticed I can't post or reply even when logged in: is this a result of not having that identification, or have I got other problems (be nice, I led with my chin there).
Cheers Dave
I may not have gone where I intended to go ... but I've ended up where I needed to be. :mrgreen: Douglas Adams.
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:55 am

OK, so it looks like I can post here, hmm. See u at the AGM.
Cheers Dave
I may not have gone where I intended to go ... but I've ended up where I needed to be. :mrgreen: Douglas Adams.
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:17 am

So, disregard my previous rants - sorted out my problem eventually. Serious case of operator error :oops:
Still see u all at AGM tho :D
Maxx
MCA Treasurer
MCA Treasurer

Postby Maxx » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:59 pm

All members,

A copy of the Minutes from last year's AGM for your perusal prior to the AGM this weekend.
I'll have some hard copies at the meeting, but thought this might assist members to recall previous discussions/items.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Max
Attachments
AGM Minutes 23_02_2014.pdf
(69.15 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Treasurer / Membership Officer
buckbug69
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby buckbug69 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:53 am

Let's make it compulsory to turn up in buggies instead of a car park full of 4wd's please :cry:
OzTowdster
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby OzTowdster » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:26 pm

I don't care what people show up in , JUST SHOW UP , its one sunday morning folks , not that hard :)
Working at getting my Towdster and the Baja Bus back on the road !!!
Brad
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Brad » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:12 pm

For anyone who is interested it looks like we have been able to get a hold of a Projector and a Laptop so after the AGM I will be playing some of the Old Manx Club Videos as well as possibly some of the new ones from the last few years.

So feel free to hang around and laugh out loud as we look back at the years that was :)
Brad
Meyers Manx Australia
www.meyersmanx.com.au
VWNuts
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby VWNuts » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Good to see those that turned up, and some direction in the club.
Buckbug, I didn't see your Buggy or 4wd?
buckbug69
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby buckbug69 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:39 pm

My life's not my own at the moment, had a defibrillator fitted to my heart at the start of December. Ever since then it has been one roller coaster ride after another, was trying to make it down since I'm just up the road, but one problem after another keeps getting in the road. Hope all went well. I'll have to catch up soon and fill you in on the whole story you'll have trouble believing it's true by the time I'm finished but it all happened. See you guys soon Craigy and buggy on
Streeter

Postby Streeter » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi

Just wondering when our membership is due, know its around AGM time
and like another member, have been a member for a few years but dont get the club member badge on my posts

Streeter

Return to “2015 Events”