3 x 2 Rear Arms

Buggy Related Parts for sale

Moderator: manxiberty

WaterRat

3 x 2 Rear Arms

Postby WaterRat » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:49 pm

Sellers Name - Dave
Suburb/Post Code - Karana Downs / 4306
Item 1 - I am selling a set of Dyno made rear arms, assembled with 930 stubs, EA discs & callipers (no pads) land cruiser 6 stud pattern, new empi 930 drive shafts, new braided brake line. These were purchased in Nov 2012 but never used.
Item 2 - A set of VW front (BJ) disc rotors drilled to land cruiser 6 stud pattern. Never used, still in boxes.
Condition - Items are in good condition and have never been used or fitted to a vehicle.
Cost - Item 1 $500-, Item 2 $150-

Items for pick up. Will post at purchasers expense but be advised, these items are heavy.

These items are also posted for sale with pictures on the Manx Club Aust Facebook page.
I may not have gone where I intended to go ... but I've ended up where I needed to be. :mrgreen: Douglas Adams.
PUD
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Re: 3 x 2 Rear Arms

Postby PUD » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:24 pm

G'day Dave, Wow, this just proves I should look on the forum a bit more often! Am pretty keen on your 3x2 arms, have some questions to see if they'll suit the purpose. I still have your number from a bit back when we chatted but if it's ok with you I might ask here on the club forum just to get a bit of correspondence going...(although it might just show how green I actually am with this buggy/ vw thing :lol: ) pud
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:13 am

G'day Pud, I know what you mean about getting back into the forum, I need to do the same :lol: . The bookface app is pretty good especially for photos and quick updates, but this is where the info really is.

No problem at all conversing thru the forum, so ask away. If you need photos I might have to email them to you unless someone can educate me on how to post them here (since photobucket stopped hosting) :oops: .
I may not have gone where I intended to go ... but I've ended up where I needed to be. :mrgreen: Douglas Adams.
PUD
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby PUD » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Ok Dave, am a bit embarrassed to ask this first one, but 3x2 refers to 3 inches longer & 2 inches wider than standard, (not 3 wider & 2 longer)??
Next is axle length, is this still the same? As I have the 930's in mine now & be good to have spares
I assume they are compatible with the standard pivot mounts, shock mounts (not sure about shock length though), double spring plates etc??
And yes, wouldn't mind a gander at some pics, seeing I'm not a facebooker I'll pm you my email if you have the time to send. Thanks, pud

Edit- forgot one thing, can't quite picture if things would be interchangeable for an option to keep the wide 5 setup,..... pics may help :)
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:47 pm

Hey Pud, ok so running thru the questions:
yes I think the 3 x 2 refers to 3 back & 2 wider (that was my impression anyway - so don't feel embarrassed, ur not alone :? ). I have taken some pics that I will send to you with some measurements so you can compare them with a standard rear arm to confirm that and give you an idea of the dimensions etc.
The axle is longer (EMPI PN 16-2207-0).
Shock mount needs to be welded onto the rear arms. The position will depend on the type of shock you are using, but Paul at Steelart did have the tabs (I guess you could fab ur own). The pivot mount is standard. I can't comment on the double spring plates, but I have them on my vehicle - I never got around to fitting them for size, so I don't know.
Re the wide 5 set up, you should be able to sort that out as these were modified from the ford 5 stud to toyota 6 stud pattern using an adapter plate. Not sure on the legality in Tas for that type of mod.
Back to you :lol:

Cheers Dave
PUD
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby PUD » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Got the pics thanks Dave, very comprehensive!! thanks for taking the time to measure them up :D Will pull mine to bits through the week to see where it's at, recon if I did keep the wide 5 & ran the rims I've got on at the moment, would end up pretty wide....match the front though :twisted: :lol: Need to do something with the front guards anyway, so guess it'd square it up & do both ends while am at it... :lol:
P1050190.jpg
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:59 am

hey Pud,

If you go ahead with this you might have to think of a new name for her - "chubby" might not suit her anymore, but then again... :lol:

I was considering widening the rear guards as well when I bought the arms originally as I have my air filter mounted up there. I even went back to school to learn how to fibreglass properly :P, but after sitting with them on the "to do" list for so long and the need to downsize my shed & contents, I gave the idea away :|
josh702
Manx Jnr

Postby josh702 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Hey Dave,

You went back to school for fibre glassing? so your the new glass guru :lol:
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Amazing what you can learn at TAFE :shock:

It was fun but pretty basic - not much more than I already learned as a kid fixing my dinged surfboards :P
PUD
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby PUD » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 pm

G'day Dave, yeah might have to hone my glassing skills too :) Sorry about taking so long to reply, you never seem to get the spare time you think you'll have....
Had a bit of a poke about & measure up, overhang probably didn't end up as much of a deal as I thought it would, mocked up where the existing rims would end up...
P1080405.jpg

Matches the front...might end up easier to cut the body straight down the middle & add a few inches to widen the whole thing :lol: :lol: , still need to measure a bit more, by your picks of measurements, the spring plate length seems a bit odd compared to mine but it may just be the angle of the dangle of me with the ruler. will give you a tingle a bit later in the week. Thanks, Pud
PUD
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby PUD » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:26 pm

WaterRat wrote:hey Pud,

If you go ahead with this you might have to think of a new name for her - "chubby" might not suit her anymore, but then again... :lol:

hehe, ...yeah, ....well,....as has been mentioned previously chubby's gender might soon have to be known as "him", cos from previous experience in years gone by, if you happen to want action out of "her", it's not a good move calling "her" chubbybutt ....or fatass.... :lol:
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Yeah no worries Pud - you still have my number I'm guessing :?: .

Good advice treading lightly with the choice of names; I may have to change the "tardis" to "incontinence" due to all the small oil puddles left laying around :shock: :lol:
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 pm

Hey Pud, I'm doing a run down the Goldie this weekend. I've PM'ed you with my phone number.

Cheers
PUD
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby PUD » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Really sorry for the no response Dave, have sent a couple of pm's, .... more to come ... :)
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Hey no worries Pud, thought you might have into hibernation down there :wink:

Return to “For Sale”