Moderator: manxiberty

manxiberty
Manx Club Prez
Manx Club Prez

Thing 181 arms and spindle sets

Postby manxiberty » Tue May 06, 2014 5:33 am

Hi Guys,

Having a bit of a shed clean out

I have multiple sets of VW Thing 181 arms and spindles I am putting up for sale, will do a count to see how many I have but I'm guessing maybe 5 sets

They need to be cleaned up and painted but best to do that after the balljoints have been pressed out.

price is set at $850 cash per set pick up or PLUS postage (give me an address for an estimate or arrange pickup yourself via a courier freight company.)

The ball joints I will say arent salvagable as many get cut off and will need to be replaced.

The Thing 181 components replace the standard beetle arms in a balljoint front end and gives you approx 3" of lift in the front end using genuine VW components so engineers are generally happy with this upgrade over cast chinese aftermarket bolt ons, another benefit is that the balljoints are pressed in the arms from the bottom up so that during offroading the force is actually trying to push the balljoint into the arm which is better then one of the beetle balljoints on standard arms which is pressd in from above which during offroading is trying to push the balljoint out of its seat...not a perfect situation

I also have the alumiunium adaptors for using the beetle brake calipers at Steelart along with most other things you may wish to run in conjunction with the upgrade.

I have run the 181 front end in my manx for years now and it was one of the easiest mods youll do

Whilst you may be able to find cheaper sets for sale on the net it is always a gamble as to what you really end up getting. It doesnt take too many times to do your money if guys overseas send you beetle arms etc by then they have your money and dont care.

Location - Brendale

PM me or text me 0410 57 ten ten
if in doubt hit it with speed.... just don't hit the cactus!

Steelart.com.au
DDWR450F
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Re: Thing 181 arms and spindle sets

Postby DDWR450F » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:34 pm

I'll have a chat to you up at Valla about this upgrade! And brakes............. and a roll cage........

DD
Lifes too Short

Return to “For Sale”