SWB Buggy pan....

Buggy Related Parts for sale

Moderator: manxiberty

maxfxwonder

SWB Buggy pan....

Postby maxfxwonder » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:44 pm

I have a :mrgreen: "spare" :mrgreen: swb buggy pan with paperwork is anyone interested??? Surplus to requirements. I also have a set of 2x3 trailing arms in as supplied condition for sale as I've changed the direction. Arms were bought from COR and made by Dyno Dave......come with callipers and brackets and Ford brakes. Message me if there is any interest??? Located in Townsville..... :lol: Will also supply Kombi stub axels and drive flanges if required....
Last edited by maxfxwonder on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxfxwonder

Re: SWB Buggy pan....

Postby maxfxwonder » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 pm

PM sent re arms. :P Any one else feel free to comment here or PM..
Dan777manx

Postby Dan777manx » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:10 am

$$$ for the arms . I'll be up there in a few weeks.
maxfxwonder

Postby maxfxwonder » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:02 pm

They will be listed on Gumtree Friday for $1200...
Dan777manx

Postby Dan777manx » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:04 am

Do you have the link cos the serch doesn't find it.
maxfxwonder

Postby maxfxwonder » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:40 am

maxfxwonder

Postby maxfxwonder » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:21 am

Buggy pan is SOLD and on it's way to a new home....Arms still available..
Vduboy
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Vduboy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Hey Paul will these suit your thing stubs for my manxter?
It will all be ok in the end.. if is not ok its not the end!
manxiberty
Manx Club Prez
Manx Club Prez

Postby manxiberty » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:17 am

Vduboy wrote:Hey Paul will these suit your thing stubs for my manxter?

? The rear arms will probably have stronger kombi stub axles in them so you may need to get them converted to 930cv ( easy ) which I think you are running from memory.

as for the rear arms in combination with a thing front end conversion this will work well as the longer rear arms will allow more travel and allow you to have correct suspension movement even with the buggy sitting higher.

with a thing front end and stock beetle arms you need to notch your spring plates to increase travel but to get your buggy to sit level your rear suspension is generally in full extension....ideally you want your suspension at ride height to have two thirds travel in compression and one third in extension. the longer rear arms will give you this....and is what the purple max fx ( STEVEB's) has ( i posted a pic of it recently in another thread regarding moving a framehead forward.)

if you look at my manx the reason it sits a little lower in the rear end is for the above reason of still having one third in extension ( droop ) Id rather my suspension have this travel then a level floor as looking good isnt as important as correct travel. youll notice if you ever ride in buggy's that are wound all the way up at the back...they can make banging noises when the suspension moves......this comes from the spring plate bottoming out on the torsion housing.....good for jumping as you have loads more travel in compression but the wheels cant move down when going over bumps or potholes etc.....

I also only run kombi cv's as 930cvs weren't as easily to obtain back when i built my manx as a result i dont have enough movement in my cvs to accept ( safely ...) any more travel......thus the reason I tell most guys to go 930's as spending your money twice sucks!!!

having said that stock arms with 930 cvs will still be fine for use with thing front end.....but yes 3x2s are better giving you more travel and lessening drive shaft/cv angle
if in doubt hit it with speed.... just don't hit the cactus!

Steelart.com.au
Vduboy
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Vduboy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:29 am

manxiberty wrote:
Vduboy wrote:Hey Paul will these suit your thing stubs for my manxter?

? The rear arms will probably have stronger kombi stub axles in them so you may need to get them converted to 930cv ( easy ) which I think you are running from memory.

as for the rear arms in combination with a thing front end conversion this will work well as the longer rear arms will allow more travel and allow you to have correct suspension movement even with the buggy sitting higher.

with a thing front end and stock beetle arms you need to notch your spring plates to increase travel but to get your buggy to sit level your rear suspension is generally in full extension....ideally you want your suspension at ride height to have two thirds travel in compression and one third in extension. the longer rear arms will give you this....and is what the purple max fx ( STEVEB's) has ( i posted a pic of it recently in another thread regarding moving a framehead forward.)

if you look at my manx the reason it sits a little lower in the rear end is for the above reason of still having one third in extension ( droop ) Id rather my suspension have this travel then a level floor as looking good isnt as important as correct travel. youll notice if you ever ride in buggy's that are wound all the way up at the back...they can make banging noises when the suspension moves......this comes from the spring plate bottoming out on the torsion housing.....good for jumping as you have loads more travel in compression but the wheels cant move down when going over bumps or potholes etc.....

I also only run kombi cv's as 930cvs weren't as easily to obtain back when i built my manx as a result i dont have enough movement in my cvs to accept ( safely ...) any more travel......thus the reason I tell most guys to go 930's as spending your money twice sucks!!!

having said that stock arms with 930 cvs will still be fine for use with thing front end.....but yes 3x2s are better giving you more travel and lessening drive shaft/cv angle

Cool thanks for that mate. Yeah i think i'd have to get creative with my rear arms as I can't just notch the plates as the trailing arms are millimetres off the manxter's lower cage supports at stock height/full droop. Possibly notch/clearance the trailing arms/ lower cage supports to suit. I'm not really into jumping and such (yet anyway) :twisted: I guess it'll stay stock for a little while. Sorry for the hi-jack maxfx!
It will all be ok in the end.. if is not ok its not the end!

Return to “For Sale”