Questions for Myers Manx Australia?

Ask the guys that build buggies for a living questions on their services and products.

Moderators: MAXFX, Brad

Smiley
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Re: Questions for Myers Manx Australia?

Postby Smiley » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:51 pm

[quote="Brad"][quote="Smiley"]Hey people.

I've just bought one of your Delrin rear bushing kits. (http://www.meyersmanx.com.au/DELRIN-BUS ... -P126.aspx)

Going to fit them to the vehicle very soon, just wondering if they need any lube on them? And if so what kind??

Cheers.

Smiley :)[/quote]

Just use some grease when fitting, make sure your sleeves are clean and wack them in. Delrin is sort of self lubricating[/quote]

No worries. Thanks for the reply. They'll be in as soon as the arms are rebuilt :D

Smiley :)
BlueV2
Buggy Addict

Postby BlueV2 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:17 pm

So I have a dumb question.

Is the rear bushing kit that Smiley is talking about for the trailing arm pivot points ? as circled in the picture ?
Attachments
DCP_0031.jpg
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Brad, quick question for you as I believe you are rapidly throwing together a buggy for the Fraser trip. Where are you sourcing your cables (handbrake, clutch, speedo)? I have been asking around a couple of places and apart from some blank looks I've received no helpful advice. Is MMA going to stock these, or are they manufactured as a one off each time? If anyone else is chasing a "set" of these items is there a possibility of a bulk order being put in??

Cheers Dave
Smiley
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Smiley » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:47 pm

[quote="BlueV2"]So I have a dumb question.

Is the rear bushing kit that Smiley is talking about for the trailing arm pivot points ? as circled in the picture ?[/quote]

Yes. That is exactly what we're talking about. I'm very pleased with the quality and fit of the kit.

Smiley :)
BlueV2
Buggy Addict

Postby BlueV2 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Cool. I just want new ones because mine are as squeaky as anything. They are original rubber ones so I thought they would be ok but there not. I am hoping these ones will be quiet.
Brad
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Brad » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:43 pm

BlueV2 wrote:So I have a dumb question.

Is the rear bushing kit that Smiley is talking about for the trailing arm pivot points ? as circled in the picture ?

Yes it is
Brad
Meyers Manx Australia
www.meyersmanx.com.au
Brad
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Brad » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:47 pm

WaterRat wrote:Brad, quick question for you as I believe you are rapidly throwing together a buggy for the Fraser trip. Where are you sourcing your cables (handbrake, clutch, speedo)? I have been asking around a couple of places and apart from some blank looks I've received no helpful advice. Is MMA going to stock these, or are they manufactured as a one off each time? If anyone else is chasing a "set" of these items is there a possibility of a bulk order being put in??

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave,

My cables will be coming from MMA :)

We do cable shortening kits which allow yo uto just use stock cables and shorten them to suit the Manx Length. Dow the track we will be carrying custom length cables to suit but for now we have found the shortening kits work well and suit our needs.

The cable shortening kits are $33 and include the fittings for clutch cable, h/brake and accel cables.

If they are not up yet I will get Ben to add them tonight.
Brad

Meyers Manx Australia

www.meyersmanx.com.au
Brad
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Brad » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:49 pm

BlueV2 wrote:Cool. I just want new ones because mine are as squeaky as anything. They are original rubber ones so I thought they would be ok but there not. I am hoping these ones will be quiet.

Delrin will not squeak. Well it shouldn't and it never has on me. The rubber ones are usually fine if you keep them well greased and the urethane ones ... well they squeak no matter how much grease you use IMO
Brad

Meyers Manx Australia

www.meyersmanx.com.au
Lovebuggy
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Lovebuggy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:23 pm

The cable shortening kits are $33 and include the fittings for clutch cable, h/brake and accel cables.

OK these kits are up and we have been able to do them for $27.50 (inc GST)

http://www.meyersmanx.com.au/CABLE-SHORTENING-KIT-FOR-SHORTENED-FLOOR-PAN-P284C17.aspx
I will have a photo up shortly.

Also all parts are available seperately.
Are you a financial member of the club??

Go to "http://www.manxclub.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1667" and sign up today.
WaterRat

Postby WaterRat » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Brad & Ben,

Thanks for the feedback on the cables. I will follow them up now.

Cheers
Vduboy
Manx Club Member
Manx Club Member

Postby Vduboy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Gday Ben and Brad, just a few questions, do you think the lift kits will arrive by the time the kits arrive? Eg for freighting all together? Who are the best guys to get 181 spindles off? Would prefer to get some from a reputable supplier rather than a unknown source from the states/uk etc.. What is the go with tyre sizes for the buggies? All the engineers wont pass anything over one inch above stock diameter, Although all I seen on the buggies at the recent sydney show was anything up to 33s! Just a case of run them at your own risk after inspection time? Cheers for all your help guys.
It will all be ok in the end.. if is not ok its not the end!

Return to “Questions for Buggy Shop Builders”